Often extreme situations lead to unusual results. It’s at the end of the bell curve that magic happens. Come up with situations that are far-fetched and write what you would do about it. Here some examples:
- All your customers told you that they don’t need new features for the next year.
- You lost all your customers, but you still have one year of runway.
- Half of your team resigned.
- Your lead engineer joined a direct competitor.
- You lost 80% of your customers to your direct competitor.
- You have to triple revenue in the next 6 months, otherwise you need to lay off people.
After reading each one of those items ask yourself: what now?